10 Firm Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America©
Best Lawyers in America© has recognized two attorneys at Shawe Rosenthal LLP – J. Michael McGuire and Teresa D. Teare – as “Lawyers of the Year.”
McGuire, a partner at Shawe Rosenthal who has represented employers nationally in labor law litigation (including negotiating collective bargaining agreements and arbitrating labor and employment disputes on behalf of management) since 1978, was named 2020 Labor Law - Management “Lawyer of the Year” in Baltimore.
Teare, also a partner at Shawe Rosenthal who represents employers and management in labor and employment-related litigation (including claims involving discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, wage and hour violations, and leave entitlement and accommodations), was recognized as 2020 Litigation - Labor and Employment “Lawyer of the Year” in Baltimore.
In addition, McGuire was listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 in three categories (Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management; and Litigation - Labor and Employment), and Teare was recognized in two categories (Employment Law - Management; and Litigation - Labor and Employment).
Eight other Shawe Rosenthal attorneys were also listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020.
Recognized in three categories (Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management; and Litigation - Labor and Employment) were:
- Bruce S. Harrison, who handles complex class action litigation and defends employers in high-risk discrimination claims;
- Eric Hemmendinger, who represents management in employment law litigation, including class actions and jury trials, and in traditional labor law;
- Co-Managing Partner Stephen D. Shawe, who represents clients in labor and employment matters with a concentration in the retail and manufacturing industries; and
- Co-Managing Partner Gary L. Simpler, who is well-known for his experience working with employers in the healthcare and manufacturing sectors.
- Elizabeth Torphy-Donzella, who defends employers in cases involving employment discrimination, harassment, contracts, and torts, and provides human resources counseling, was listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 in two categories: Employment Law - Management; and Litigation - Labor and Employment.
Three other Shawe Rosenthal attorneys were listed in one category each:
- Darryl G. McCallum (listed for Litigation - Labor and Employment), who concentrates in employment law matters, including the defense of race, sex, and other discrimination suits;
- Fiona W. Ong (listed for Employment Law - Management), who defends employers in the areas of employment discrimination, torts and contracts, and provides advice and counsel to human resources; and
- Mark J. Swerdlin (listed for Employment Law - Management), who has extensive experience defending employers in discrimination claims and representing management in labor matters.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers in America© has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers in America© lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer review evaluation. Over 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote. Best Lawyers in America© has received more than 13 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world.
For more information, visit www.bestlawyers.com or www.shawe.com.
Shawe Rosenthal LLP has a national reputation as management’s workplace lawyers. Shawe Rosenthal represents and advises management in employment and labor law matters. The firm’s clients range from Fortune 100 companies to smaller businesses and non-profits in a wide range of industries. Its practice includes both litigation and preventive measures. Shawe Rosenthal’s tenacious, results-oriented approach produces results in the courtroom, respect in agency proceedings, and sound, proactive guidance in workplace policy.